Celebrate Earth Day at Franklin Park! This family-friendly, safe, outdoor event will be held Thursday, April 22, 2021, from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. Adults and children five and older will enjoy:
- Learning about conservation and nature.
- Making earth-friendly crafts.
- Planting a personal "salad bowl."
- Going fishing.
- Hiking a trail while participating in a scavenger hunt.
- Competing in a "spring bonnet" contest.
- Joining a mask parade.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, each 60-minute time slot will include all activities for a limited number of participants to ensure social distancing. Families are encouraged to spend time enjoying the park amenities before and after the their time slot. The cost is $10 per person or $35 for a family of four or more. Tickets can be purchased online at frankllnparkartscenter.org.
Franklin Park is located at 17501 Franklin Park Drive in Purcellville. Call Franklin Park at 540-338-7603 or Franklin Park Arts Center at 540-338-7973 for more information.