Anyone interested in having a better understanding of mental illness is encouraged to sign up for one of the next virtual Loudoun County Mental Health First Aid trainings.
The free classes cover:
- Common signs and symptoms of mental illness
- Common signs and symptoms of substance use
- How to interact with a person in crisis
- How to connect the person with help
- Information on trauma, addiction and self-care
- A general Mental Health First Aid training for adults is scheduled for May 6 & 7, 2021, 12:00 - 3:00 p.m. each day. The deadline to register is April 27, 2021.
- A Youth Mental Health First Aid training for adults who interact with young people is scheduled for May 18 & 19, 2021, 1:00 - 4:00 p.m. each day. The deadline to register is May 7, 2021.
Find details and a link to register at loudoun.gov/mhfirstaid.
# # #