In celebration of June as National Homeownership Month, the Loudoun County Office of Housing and its community partners invite residents to two free, virtual “lunch and learn” events.
These workshops will provide information on purchasing a first home as well as how the Fair Housing Act protects renters, homebuyers and landlords.
- First-Time Homebuyer Programs: Wednesday, June 16, 2021, Noon – 1:30 p.m. This workshop will provide an overview and live Q&A session on Loudoun programs for first-time homebuyers, including the Affordable Dwelling Unit (ADU) Purchase program, Loudoun Habitat’s Homeownership program, and county programs to assist with down payment, closing costs and lower interest rates for mortgages. The presenters are:
- Loudoun Habitat for Humanity Executive Director Therese Cashen
- Loudoun County Housing Finance Specialist Hannah Choi
- Loudoun County Housing Programs Manager Brian Reagan
- Fair Housing Act Protections: Wednesday, June 23, 2021, Noon – 1:30 p.m.Join staff from Legal Services of Northern Virginia for an overview and live Q&A session on the Fair Housing Act of 1968, discussion of federal and state protected classes (race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, familial status, status as a veteran, or disability), and how the law applies for renters, homebuyers and landlords. The presenter is:
- Legal Services of Northern Virginia Housing Chair Flor Salvador
Pre-registration is required; to register for the programs, visit loudoun.gov/housing.
To request language interpretation or accommodations for those with disabilities, please contact Community Development Specialist Christine Hillock at 703-771-5590 or by email. Five days advance notice is requested.
# # #