Anyone interested in having a better understanding of mental illness is encouraged to sign up for the next Youth Mental Health First Aid training offered by Loudoun County. The class is designed for adults who interact with youth. The class is scheduled for July 27 & 28, 2021, 12:00 - 3:00 p.m. each day. The deadline to register is July 23, 2021.
The free, virtual classes cover:
- Common signs and symptoms of mental illness.
- Common signs and symptoms of substance use.
- How to interact with a person in crisis.
- How to connect the person with help.
- Information on trauma, addiction and self-care.
Find details and a link to register at loudoun.gov/mhfirstaid.
# # #