Loudoun County Treasurer, H. Roger Zurn, Jr., reminds taxpayers that the deadline for payment of the second half personal property tax is Tuesday, October 5, 2021.
Please note: Payments received or postmarked after October 5, 2021, will incur a 10% late payment penalty. Additional interest at the rate of 10% per annum will be assessed. In addition to the late payment penalty for personal property taxes, if the taxes remain unpaid for 60 days after the original payment due date, the taxpayer will incur an additional 15% penalty of the total amount due. The due date will not be extended for bills where assessment questions have been filed with the Board of Equalization. Taxpayers who are having financial difficulties should contact the Treasurer’s Collections Team at 703-771-5656 for assistance.
Payments can be made using electronic check (E-Check), VISA, MasterCard, American Express or Discover. Please note that there is a convenience fee added to credit card transactions. There is no fee for E-Check.
For safety and convenience, taxpayers are encouraged to make payments online. Payments may be made:
- Online: loudounportal.com/taxes
- Through a mobile device: The Link2Loudoun app is available for free from the iPhone App Store and the Google Play Store. The app allows access to loudounportal.com/taxes to pay taxes.
- Telephone: 1-800-269-5971 may be called 24 hours a day. During regular business hours, call 703-777-0280. Have your account number and credit card number ready.
- By Mail: County of Loudoun, P.O. Box 1000, Leesburg, Virginia 20177-1000
- In Person: Treasurer’s Office Locations
- 1 Harrison Street SE, First floor, Leesburg
- 21641 Ridgetop Circle, Suite 104, Sterling
- A 24-hour drop box is located outside each office.
The office’s regular business hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. On Monday, October 4 and Tuesday, October 5, the office will be operating under extended business hours from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at both locations.
Please contact the Loudoun County Treasurer's Office at 703-777-0280 or by email if you have not received your bill or if there are any questions.
Stay up to date on tax information by subscribing to the Tax Notices category of Alert Loudoun at loudoun.gov/alert. You can also text the word “TAXES” to 888777 to receive text messages about tax-related information, including upcoming deadlines. Please note: Additional message and data rates may apply.
For information regarding Personal Property Tax Relief for the Elderly or for Disabled Persons, please email the Tax Relief Division of the Commissioner of the Revenue’s Office or call 703-737-8557 or visit loudoun.gov/taxrelief.
# # #