The Loudoun County Board of Supervisors has set its meeting schedule for 2022 and has reelected Sterling District Supervisor Koran T. Saines as vice chairman. In the absence of Chair Phyllis J. Randall, Saines will perform the duties of the chair.
Under the rules of order adopted January 4, 2022, during the Board’s first meeting of the year, the Board’s monthly schedule of business meetings and public hearings, including the public input schedule, will remain the same as last year:
2022 Meeting Schedule
The Board adopted a standard meeting schedule that remains unchanged in 2022:
- Business meetings on the first and third Tuesday of the month at 5:00 p.m.
- Public hearing on the Wednesday of the week following the first business meeting of the month at 6:00 p.m.
- Details about the Board’s meetings are posted online at loudoun.gov/calendar.
2022 Holiday Adjustments
The Board made adjustments to the meeting schedule due to holidays:
- Moved the October 4, 2022, Board business meeting to October 6, 2022, due to Yom Kippur.
- Moved the November 8, 2022, Finance/ Government Operations and Economic Development Committee meeting to November 10, 2022, due to Election Day.
Public Comment Schedule and Procedures
Members of the public may provide input to the Board during business meetings and public input. Speakers are encouraged to sign up in advance by calling 703-777-0200 by noon on the day of the meeting. Details on the process for signing up for public comment are included in the Board’s revised rules of order (PDF) approved at the January 4 meeting.
- Public input at the Board’s business meetings will begin as early as 6:00 p.m.
- At the second business meeting of the month, an additional time of public input will be included at the beginning of the agenda at 5:00 p.m. The number of speakers is limited and speakers must sign up in advance.
- Comments at public hearings are limited to the items on the agenda.
Members of the public who would like to provide comments to the Board of Supervisors are encouraged to do so remotely until further notice to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. Details on how to provide comments remotely are available at loudoun.gov/remoteparticipation.
The Board also made appointments to the Board’s standing committees: the Finance/Government Operations and Economic Development Committee, the Joint Board and School Board Committee and the Transportation and Land Use Committee. In addition, the Board appointed members to various regional and county boards, which are listed in the agenda packet.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the Board is conducting electronic meetings under Virginia Code Section 2.2- 3708.2(A)(3) during the local emergency declared in response to the COVID-19 pandemic and ratified by the Board of Supervisors on March 17, 2020.
While the meetings are electronic, the Board Room in the Loudoun County Government Center, 1 Harrison St. SE in Leesburg, typically is open for the meetings. However, as part of the county’s efforts to mitigate the spread of COVID-19, the room capacity of the Board Room may be limited. Members of the public are encouraged to view the Board of Supervisors’ meetings on television on Comcast Government Channel 23, Open Band Channel 40, and Verizon FiOS Channel 40, and at loudoun.gov/meetings.
Learn more about the Board of Supervisors by visiting loudoun.gov/bos.
# # #