Nonprofit organizations serving Loudoun County residents are encouraged to apply for local grant funding through the Virginia Homeless and Special Needs Housing (HSNH) program. This funding will support organizations that are providing housing and stabilization services for individuals and families at risk of or experiencing homelessness in the state of Virginia.
The local grant application and funding guidelines are available at loudoun.gov/CoCfundingopportunities.
The Virginia Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) administers three grants under the HSNH program. This local grant application includes all three grants:
- Virginia Homeless Solutions Program
- Housing Opportunities for Persons with HIV/AIDS
- Housing Trust Fund- Homeless Reduction Grant
The local application process is open to all nonprofit organizations serving Loudoun County residents. Eligible applicants must:
- Be an active member of the Loudoun Continuum of Care (CoC);
- Be an organization that is a nonprofit that is current on Form 990 filings with the Internal Revenue Service, a unit of local government, housing authority, or planning district commission. The latter two organization types are not eligible to apply for emergency shelter operations and rapid rehousing;
- Create a DHCD Centralized Application and Management System account; and
- Have established standard accounting practices including internal controls, fiscal management accounting procedures, and cost allocation plans, as well as reliable tracking methods for organizational and program budgets by revenue sources and expenses.
Any organization interested in applying for this grant funding may review the Virginia Department of Housing and Community Development’s Homeless and Special Needs Housing Guidelines 2022-2024 and complete a local grant application available online at loudoun.gov/CoCfundingopportunities.
The deadline to apply is 4:59 p.m., Monday, March 14, 2022.
# # #