The Loudoun County Board of Supervisors will hold a public hearing on the proposed local electoral district plan, titled the LT-Revised 1 Plan, at the Board’s regularly scheduled public hearing on May 11, 2022, at 6:00 p.m.
Members of the public may watch the public hearing on cable TV (Comcast Channel 23 or Verizon FiOS Channel 40), via live stream at loudoun.gov/meetings, or in person at the Government Center (1 Harrison St. SE, Leesburg).
Loudoun residents are encouraged to provide input to this process for the Board’s consideration through these channels:
In addition to adopting the election district plan, the Board also will choose a name for District 7. Currently, two name options are under consideration: Evergreen and Little River.
At its April 5, 2022, meeting, the Board reviewed a staff analysis of the LT-Revised 1 Plan, which confirmed that the plan can be accommodated by the Office of Elections and Voter Registration and adheres to the ten guidelines established by the Board in June 2021 for the county’s local redistricting process, which are:
- All districts shall have equal representation.
- The plan shall comply with the Voting Rights Act.
- All districts must be compact and contiguous.
- The census shall be the source of data.
- Preserve communities of interest.
- Create districts with similar interests among communities.
- Consider voter convenience and effective election administration.
- Use geographical or physical features, especially arterial roadways, for district and precinct boundaries.
- Consider all alternative plans presented by interested groups and individuals.
- When possible, do not split incorporated towns.
For more information about local redistricting in Loudoun County, visit loudoun.gov/redistricting.
# # #