During May — Older Americans Month — the Loudoun Workforce Resource Center will feature special virtual and in-person events at no cost for those age 50 and up who are seeking job search and career development support.
“Our celebration of Older Americans Month will highlight services, programs and opportunities available to individuals age 50 and older,” said Loudoun County Workforce Program Manager Shelly Rodriguez. “The workshops cover a variety of community interests and needs, including topics such as avoiding job scams and changing careers.”
Some of the workshops will take place at the center, which is located at 705 E. Market St., Suite E, Leesburg; some workshops will be virtual. Visit loudoun.gov/wrcworkshops for detailed information about each event and how to register. Events will include:
- How Volunteering Benefits Older Adults: May 5, 1:30 - 2:30 p.m. (On-site)
- How to Avoid Job Scams (Two Sessions): May 9, 8:00 - 9:00 a.m. (Virtual); May 26, 12:00 - 1:00 p.m. (On-site)
- Older Workers & Smart Job Search Strategies: May 10, 10:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. (On-site)
- Changing Careers at Any Age: May 12, 10:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. (Virtual)
- Senior Community Service Employment Program: May 13, 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. (On-site)
- Workforce Data and Career Trends for Mature Workers: May 19, 12:00 - 1:00 p.m. (Virtual)
Additionally, representatives from the following programs will be on-site at the Loudoun Workforce Resource Center to share updates and information about their respective services:
- Virginia Department for the Blind and Vision Impaired, May 3, 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Virginia Department for Aging and Rehabilitative Services, May 3, 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Loudoun County Adult and Aging Programs, May 10 & May 13, 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. each day
The Loudoun Workforce Resource Center provides no-cost resources and equipment to job seekers and businesses to help them achieve their employment goals. More information about the center can be found at loudoun.gov/wrc.
# # #