The Loudoun County Board of Supervisors has scheduled an Environmental Summit for Wednesday, July 27, 2022, beginning at 5:00 p.m.
Watch/Attend the Meeting
The Environmental Summit will take place in the Board Room of the Loudoun County Government Center, 1 Harrison St. SE in Leesburg.
The meeting will be televised on Comcast Government Channel 23 and Verizon FiOS Channel 40 and livestreamed at loudoun.gov/meetings.
Documents for the meeting will be posted at loudoun.gov/bosdocuments at least three days prior to the meeting.
About the Meeting
The summit is intended to provide Board members with a dedicated opportunity to discuss environmental and energy issues, which are among the Board’s strategic focus areas. Representatives of the Board-appointed Environmental Commission as well as the Department of General Services will provide the Board with updates on several topics, including:
- An overview of the activities and accomplishments of the Environmental Commission, which was created by the Board of Supervisors in July 2021.
- An overview of the proposed Environment and Energy Work Plan for Fiscal Year 2023 to be managed by the Department of General Services, which focuses on five key topic areas:
- Energy sustainability, including clean and renewable energy usage.
- Enhancing natural resources, such as trees, wildlife, watersheds and land conservation.
- Environmental justice, which examines the impact of environmental issues on underserved populations.
- “Government by example,” which includes programs to enhance the sustainability of Loudoun County government operations.
- Increasing public engagement in environmental and sustainability initiatives.
The Environmental Summit follows a June 2022 public input meeting on the development of an updated energy strategy for the county and a November 2021 meeting soliciting comment from Loudoun residents and businesses on local environmental and sustainability topics.
For more information about Loudoun’s efforts on the environment and the work of the Environmental Commission, visit loudoun.gov/environment.
# # #