Are you interested in testing your well, cistern, or spring to find out what’s in your water? VCE Loudoun, in partnership with the Virginia Household Water Quality Program, provides an affordable way to test your water quality through their Fall & Spring Water Testing Events.
Registration for October’s Water Testing Event opens today, Friday, September 9, 2022.
For $65, VCE Loudoun offers a water testing kit that tests for 14 water quality parameters, including pH, lead, and E. coli. A comparative analysis at a private lab is more than $300.
For more information about this program, including how to register online, visit loudoun.gov/watertesting.
Please note that financial support is available for individuals/families who may need assistance covering this cost. Please email VCE Loudoun if you are interested in a need-based scholarship.
Save the Dates:
- Monday, October 17, 2022: Pick up your sample kit(s).
- Wednesday, October 19, 2022: Collect water samples at your home and drop them off.
How Does the Program Work?
- Register and pay for your sample kit(s) online
- Pick up your sample kit at the VCE Loudoun office, 750 Miller Drive SE, Suite F3, Leesburg.
- Collect water samples at your home and drop off at the VCE Loudoun office, 750 Miller Drive SE, Suite F3, Leesburg.
Samples are then analyzed at Virginia Tech’s Research Lab. You will receive your confidential results, an explanation of what they mean, and information about addressing any problems via email about six weeks after the sample drop off.