Loudoun County will host an electronics recycling event Saturday, May 20, 2023, from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. at the Leesburg Park and Ride commuter parking lot, 19730 Sycolin Road, Leesburg (at the intersection of Gourley Transit Drive and Sycolin Road).
There is a limit of five items per vehicle. Fees will be charged for televisions, computer monitors and hard drive destruction services (upon request). Only credit cards will be accepted; no cash, no checks.
- Typical electronics that will be accepted: Televisions, desktop computers, computer monitors, laptops, servers, mainframes, circuit boards, hard drives, modems, printers, fax machines, scanners, copiers, network cables, power cables, extension cords, electrical wire, holiday lights, uninterruptible power supply (UPS), surge protectors, answering machines, microwave ovens, calculators, iPhones, smartphones, desk phones, pagers, stereo and video receivers, DVR/CD/DVD/VHS players, video game consoles, cables, stereo speakers, radios, small household appliances such as vacuum cleaners, toaster ovens, coffee makers, blenders, hair dryers, curling irons and clothes irons.
Number of Items Accepted
- There is a limit of five items per vehicle. A 12” x 12” x 12” box or equivalent size container filled with smaller items such as computer mice, cables, phones, cameras, etc. will be considered one item.
Items Not Accepted
- Electronics that will not be accepted include household appliances such as refrigerators, freezers, dehumidifiers, air conditioners, stoves, washers and dryers, fluorescent light bulbs, smoke alarms, mercury thermostats, household batteries and vehicle batteries, ballasts, light bulbs, smoke detectors, microwave glass plates, PCBs, aerosols and equipment that contains asbestos, chemicals, liquid fuel, mercury or radioactive components.
Hard Drive Destruction
- On-site and off-site hard drive destruction will be provided upon request for a fee.
Fees: Credit Card Payment Only; No Cash or Checks
Fees will be charged for televisions, desktop computer monitors, on-site hard drive destruction (upon request), and off-site hard drive destruction (upon request).
- $15 per television (Does not include console or projection TVs).
- $60 per console television or projection TV (Console TVs include any with wooden console or paneling).
- $15 per computer monitor (Does not include laptop computers; laptops may be recycled free of charge).
- $5 per computer hard drive for on-site shredding upon request. Hard drive must be removed from computer prior to event.
- $20 per computer hard drive for on-site shredding upon request if hard drive is not removed from computer prior to the event.
- $12 per hard drive for off-site shredding, for iPhones and tablets only, upon request.
For more information about the electronics recycling event, call 703-771-5500 or send an email. More information also is online at loudoun.gov/electronics.
# # #