You are receiving this email as our records show that you are enrolled on the Loudoun County Government health plan as a pre-65 retiree or a covered dependent.
This notification is being sent to inform covered members of no-cost coverage for requesting at-home Covid-19 tests.
As a result of a recent federal mandate, effective January 15, 2022, at home COVID-19 tests must be made available to you at no-cost. See details below on how you can receive at-home Covid-19 tests at no charge.
How to Receive At-home Tests Federal Government Program: Regardless of Health Plan Enrollment
The federal government has announced that you can receive free at-home COVID-19 tests through their federal program. The initial program will allow four free tests to be requested per residential address. You can order tests online at COVIDTests.gov.
Tests will typically ship within 7-12 days of ordering. Pharmacy Benefit Coverage through Express Scripts
Each covered member on the Pre-65 Loudoun County Government prescription plan through Express Scripts can receive up to eight rapid at-home COVID-19 tests per insured covered member on a rolling 30-day basis. For example, a retiree with a family of four that includes a spouse and two children will be able to secure a maximum of 32 tests every 30 days, as needed. How to Get Your Test at No-charge Through Your Prescription Plan
- OPTION 1: Visit a retail network pharmacy. To find a pharmacy, visit express-scripts.com and click “Find a Pharmacy.” You can also use their mobile app and follow these steps for a no-cost test:
- Call your local Express Scripts in-network retail pharmacy to see if they have at-home COVID-19 tests available.
- Take your Express Scripts ID card to your in-network retail pharmacy.
- Bring the COVID-19 test to the pharmacy counter, not the regular checkout lane.
- Check out at the pharmacy counter and show your ID card. Your at-home COVID-19 test should automatically ring up at no cost to you.
- OPTION 2: Request the COVID-19 test via mail order. Starting Friday, January 28, eligible insured covered members will be able to order up to 8 at-home COVID-19 tests per month from Express Scripts Pharmacy. If you don't yet have an online account, register today so you can easily order your tests for home delivery when they are available. Please note that in the short term, there will be limited supplies and tests may take up to 4 weeks to arrive.
- OPTION 3: Request reimbursement for tests purchased at out-of-network retailers. If you weren’t able to purchase your at-home COVID-19 test(s) at the pharmacy counter, or happened to be charged, you can submit your receipt for reimbursement of up to $12 per test online at Express Scripts’ COVID-19 resource center. Log in for instructions on how to submit a reimbursement claim. Employees can request reimbursement for tests purchased on or after January 15, 2022.
Pre-65 retirees and eligible dependents also covered under the County’s Cigna medical plan can receive no cost at-home COVID-19 testing through Cigna’s partnership with Pixel by LabCorp. Covered Cigna plan members can order an FDA-approved, PCR at-home specimen collection test kit. To request a kit, go online to LabCorp
, complete an online screening and provide your Cigna health plan information. LabCorp will mail a kit to you, and you will collect the specimen and then return the specimen using the prepaid mailer. LabCorp will report the results to you in 5-7 days (depending on volume).
Please remember that COVID-19 tests should be ordered as needed for personal use and not for the purpose of stockpiling.
For additional questions about seeking at-home COVID-19 tests, please contact the Benefits Help Line at 703-777-0517 or email [email protected]