Funding Opportunities for Continuum of Care Members
The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
Continuum of Care Program Competition and Noncompetitive Award of Youth Homeless Demonstration Program Renewal and Replacement Grants
The Loudoun County Continuum of Care’s (CoC) DRAFT Consolidated Application includes two parts:
- DRAFT: CoC Consolidated Application (PDF) - which reflects of the work of the entire homeless services system in Loudoun County
- DRAFT: CoC Priority Listing (PDF) - which includes the list of all project applications included in the consolidated application.
The CoC is applying for $200,699 in funding to support permanent supportive housing projects. The CoC’s Final Consolidated Application will be submitted prior to close of the competition on September 30, 2022.
The award announcements will be made by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development at a later date.
Please note this is a draft application and some responses are still in development. If you have questions or would like to provide feedback, please email Corinne Wyss by 12:00 p.m., Friday, September 30, 2022.
Continuum of Care Program Supplemental Funding Opportunity to Address Unsheltered and Rural Homelessness
Nonprofit organizations serving Loudoun County residents are encouraged to apply for local grant funding through HUD's Continuum of Care Program Supplemental Funding Opportunity to Address Unsheltered and Rural Homelessness. This funding will address unsheltered homelessness and homeless encampments, including funds set aside specifically to address homelessness in rural communities. This funding will enhance communities’ capacity to address unsheltered homelessness humanely and effectively by connecting vulnerable individuals and families to housing, healthcare, and supportive services.
The local application process is open to all nonprofit organizations serving Loudoun County residents. Eligible applicants must:
- Be an active member of the Loudoun Continuum of Care (CoC);
- Be an organization that is a nonprofit that is current on Form 990 filings with the Internal Revenue Service;
- Create an account in HUD’s portal e-snaps; and
- Established standard accounting practices including internal controls, fiscal management accounting procedures, cost allocation plans, and reliable tracking methods for organizational and program budgets by revenue sources and expenses.
Any organization interested in applying for this grant funding must:
- Submit a ‘Letter of Intent to Apply’ to the CoC Lead by emailing the letter no later than 5:00 p.m., Monday, August 15, 2022.
- Review the detailed information and instructions in the Local Application Information document. (PDF).
- Complete a local application no later than 5:00 p.m., Monday, August 29, 2022.
HUD Notice of Funding Availability (NoFA) for the Continuum of Care (CoC) Program
The HUD NoFA for the CoC Program is designed to promote a community-wide commitment to the goal of ending homelessness:
- To provide funding for efforts by nonprofit providers, states, and local governments to quickly re-house homeless individuals, families, persons fleeing domestic violence, and youth while minimizing the trauma and dislocation caused by homelessness
- To promote access to and effective utilization of mainstream programs by homeless individuals and families
- To optimize self-sufficiency among those experiencing homelessness
Continuum of Care (CoC) Rank and Review Committee
The CoC’s Rank and Review Committee is tasked with prioritizing the most impactful and efficient HUD CoC programs, both new and renewal for inclusion in the FY21 HUD CoC Program Competition Notice of Funding Opportunity (NoFO). In order to accomplish this, the Rank and Review Committee creates a two-tier Project Priority Listing of all HUD CoC project applicants.
Previous Notices of Funding Availability
- View the FY 2019 Notice of Available Funding (NoFA) and the materials submitted to HUD:
- View the FY 2018 NoFA materials submitted to HUD:
- View the FY 2017 NoFA
HUD Competition Notifications
Organizations are encouraged to subscribe to the HUD mailing list for additional NOFA publication information:
For More Information
Email the Loudoun County Continuum of Care Coordinator.