I am hosting an event and am planning to put up a tent. Are there requirements I must follow?

If the tent is greater than 900 square feet, you must contact the Fire Marshal's Office for a use permit. The number to call is 703-737-8600. You can also visit the fire marshal page and download the application which will also provide important information. Tent applications should be submitted no less than 10 business days prior to the event.

Note: Your tent may also require a construction permit. Contact the Department of Building and Development at 703-777-0220 to see if one is required. If you are cooking or serving food, you must also contact the Health Department. The number to call is 703-777-0234. Cooking tents are to be used exclusively for cooking with no seating or serving and must be separated by at least 20 feet from all other tents. More information about planning for special events in Loudoun County is available at Special Events.

Show All Answers

1. May I burn my leaves and brush pile?
2. I am hosting an event and am planning to put up a tent. Are there requirements I must follow?
3. I want to display fireworks in my back yard. Are certain fireworks illegal to possess?
4. I live in an apartment and I was told I cannot grill on my balcony. Is there a regulation prohibiting this?
5. I use my propane grill outside and away from the apartment building. Can I store my propane in my apartment or on the deck during the winter?
6. Where can I find a permit application?
7. When are you allowed to do open burning?
8. How do I request a fire safety talk or request a fire engine to attend my event?
9. I am interested in learning more about the smoke alarm and other safety programs, who do I need to contact?
10. I have old ammunition, where can I safely dispose of it?
11. What do I need to know to start my own food truck in Loudoun County?