Do I need a new permit if I already have one?
If an existing Child Care Home was legally established, meaning that the provider obtained a county Zoning Permit and continues to operate in the same location and under the terms of the approved Zoning Permit, then the provider does not need to obtain a new Zoning Permit. Any provider who wants to increase the number of children approved under a previous zoning permit must submit a new zoning permit application.

Show All Answers

1. What does the term "non-resident children" mean?
2. What if I care for four or fewer children under the age of 13?
3. How long does it take to obtain a zoning permit for home child care, and how much does it cost?
4. What happens during the 30-day waiting period?
5. What happens if an objection is received during the 30-day waiting period?
6. If my zoning permit application is denied, can I appeal?
7. Does the zoning permit for a Child Care Home have to be renewed annually?
8. Do I need a new permit if I already have one?
9. Do I need any other permits or licenses for a Child Care Home?
10. What is the definition of a "play space?"