Loudoun County Landfill
$6 covers first 180 pounds; see below for fee schedule. Note: The fee will increase to $7 as of 10/18/2021.
- FastTrash Program
- Free Mulch Depot
- Loudoun County Businesses
- Loudoun County Residents
- No Tractor Trailer Loads
- Only Waste from Loudoun County Accepted
- Recycling Drop-off Center
- Waste Disposal
Face Covering RequirementAll customers must follow face covering requirements.
Click on the facility photo above to see a larger image.
|Holiday||Date Observed (Facility Closed)|
|Thanksgiving Day||Thursday, November 25, 2021|
|Christmas Day||Saturday, December 25, 2021|
|New Year's Day 2022||Saturday, January 1, 2022|
|Memorial Day||Monday, May 30, 2022|
|Labor Day||Monday, September 5, 2022|
|Thanksgiving Day 2022||Thursday, November 24, 2022|
|Christmas Day 2022||Sunday, December 25, 2022|
|New Year's Day 2023||Sunday, January 1, 2023|
Accepted MaterialsFor more information on what is accepted, visit: Accepted & Unaccepted Wastes (PDF)
- Only material generated in Loudoun County is accepted.
- Tractor trailer loads are not accepted.
- Land clearing debris is not accepted.
- Commercial Inert Waste (Asphalt, Block, Brick, Concrete, Dirt, Mud, Rock, Sand, Sediment or Soil) is not accepted.
- Sandblast Material, Sludge (including Grit/Screenings) and Spent Residential Peat Filter Media disposal must be pre-approved.
- Sludge and Grit & Screenings Disposal Request Form (PDF)
- Spent Residential Peat Filter Media Disposal Request Form (PDF)
- Contact the office for information on sandblast material disposal.
- Loudoun County Landfill Recycling Drop-off Center
- Please note: Effective Monday, October 18, 2021, user fees for the Loudoun County landfill are increasing by about 10%.
- Cash and credit/debit cards (American Express, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover) accepted.
- Landfill Credit Account Application (PDF)
| Waste Disposal|| $62 per ton|
(includes $2 per ton recycling surcharge)
Minimum per Vehicle: $6
| FastTrash||Per Vehicle (flat rate): $6|
|Additional Recycling Surcharges||Fee per Item|
|Improper Disposal of tires, batteries, or appliances||$35|
|Tires on Rims||$26|
|Car Tire (without rim)||$2.50|
|Truck Tire (without rim)||$4|
|Small Tractor Tire (without rim)||$25|
|Large Tractor Tire (without rim)||$35|
Free Mulch Depot
- Free mulch is available to residents on a first-come, first served basis year-round.
- The mulch loading area is located in the Loudoun County Recycling Drop-off Center next to the pavilion that contain the used motor oil and antifreeze tanks.
- The mulch weighs 0.29 tons per cubic yard (580 pounds per cubic yard).
- Residents must load their own mulch and need to bring tools such as pitchforks.
- No motorized equipment is allowed.
The Loudoun County Solid Waste Management Facility is a popular site for scout groups, schools, and others. Visit us and learn how garbage is disposed in a landfill, watch 40-ton tractors smash trash, and get quizzed on recycling.
The Department of General Services, Waste Management Division offers group tours once a week Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., from March through November.
Arrange a Tour
Call 703-771-5514 to arrange a tour.
Browse our photo gallery.