Information Provided is Secure
Loudoun County government respects your privacy! The information below explains how the county gathers information on this website and the technology the county uses to ensure that your information is private and secure.
Providing External Links
- What information is collected?
For each visitor, the county collects the following information: the Internet Protocol (IP) address, type of browser used, the date and time of the visit, the addresses of the pages on this web site to which you link during a visit to the county's web site. If you fill out county forms online the data that you enter into the forms are also collected and used for the sole purpose of the form.
- Is any information collected automatically just by accessing this web site?
The information listed above is collected automatically when you access the county's web site.
- Does this web site place a cookie on your computer?
- How is the collected information used?
The county analyzes the web site activity by tracking visitor movements through the site. Each computer on the Internet has an IP address. We use IP addresses to track the number of visits to the county's web site and to identify the most popular pages. This helps us improve the performance and value of the materials available on this web site.
- The information that you provide in an online form or email message is used solely to fulfill your online request.
The county does not share, sell, or trade any information collected on this web site; however, please be aware that pursuant to Virginia Code section 2.2-3700 et seq. (Virginia Freedom of Information Act), information you provide may be considered to be a public record and subject to disclosure if requested by a citizen of the Commonwealth of Virginia or a media outlet broadcasting or publishing within the Commonwealth.
The Loudoun County website contains hyperlinks to sites on the World Wide Web that are neither controlled nor sponsored by the Loudoun County government. These hyperlinks are included solely for their value as reference, research or educational tools. Inclusion of any hyperlink should not be interpreted as an endorsement or validation by the County of Loudoun of the site or the site’s content.
Third Party External Links
When a link on the county's web site directs you to a third party's site, the county encourages you to read that third party's privacy statement to learn of that party's privacy practices.
The county utilizes a system of hardware and software known as a "firewall" to regulate information that can enter and exit the county's web server(s). This ensures that only authorized access occurs and that information remains confidential. The county also utilizes SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) technology to encrypt your sensitive information that you send to us using our online forms or applications.
Sending Your Comments
If you have questions regarding this privacy statement, the practices of the county's website, or your interaction with the county's website please contact the Webmaster at [email protected]
Terms and Conditions
The purpose of our interactive modules is to obtain suggestions, ideas, and feedback to benefit our community. Please avoid personal attacks, slurs, and profanity in your interactions. Please make sure that your postings are relevant to the subject at hand. It is normal and expected for some topics to drift from the stated subject. However, to ensure maximum benefit for all of our users, we encourage you to keep your postings as close to the subject as possible. Impersonating a government employee or anther user is not allowed. We do not allow behavior or content related to illegal activities. Do not post or promote any materials that could SPAM, harm, or disrupt another user’s computer.
You may not link to any sites that violate the terms and conditions above. We reserve the right to ban any participant at any time that we feel does not comply with an appropriate code of conduct.
The sites are provided on an 'as is' basis without any warranties of any kind, express or implied. This site, to the fullest extent permitted by law, disclaims all warranties, including, but not limited to, the warranties of merchantability, title, non-infringement of third parties’ rights, and fitness for particular purpose. This site makes no warranties about the accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of the sites. Without limitation on the foregoing:
- This site does not warrant that the sites will operate error-free or that the sites and their servers are free of computer viruses or other harmful mechanisms. If your use of the sites results directly or indirectly in the need for servicing or replacing equipment or data, this site is not responsible for those costs.
- This site makes no representations or guarantees regarding the truthfulness, accuracy, legality, completeness, timeliness or reliability of any documents posted by users, or of any other form of communication engaged in by users. Documents may contain inaccuracies or typographical errors. You agree that any reliance on documents posted by users, or on any other form of communication with users, will be at your own risk.
- This site makes no representations or guarantees regarding the content of the sites, including, but not limited to, broken links, inaccuracies or typographical errors.
- This site makes no representations or guarantees regarding the effectiveness of the services or timeliness of the services in meeting your employment objectives. This site does not guarantee that the services will result in candidates being hired, positions being filled or employees being retained, and is not responsible or liable for any business, employment, hiring and/or salary decisions, for whatever reason made, made by you.
Because user authentication on the Internet is difficult, this site cannot and does not confirm that each User is who they claim to be. Because this site does not and cannot be involved in User-to-User dealings or control the behavior of participants on the Sites, in the event that you have a dispute with one or more Users, you release this site from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential and direct and indirect) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.