- Departments & Offices
- Finance & Budget
- Grant Opportunities
- Nonprofit Grant Funding
County Nonprofit Grant Funding
Human Services Nonprofit Grant Funding Process for Fiscal Year 2024
Loudoun County's Human Services Nonprofit Grant application process for Fiscal Year (FY) 2024 is now open.
The purpose of the county’s nonprofit grant program is to strengthen the county’s coordination and collaboration with nonprofit partners, and ensure opportunities for local funds to be leveraged in the most effective manner for core safety net services that assist vulnerable and disadvantaged individuals and families in meeting a critical need for safety, health, security and independence.
Loudoun County prioritizes investment in high quality human services that provide significant outcomes for county residents. Nonprofits certified as 501(c)3 organizations are eligible to apply. Funding is focused on services in the following areas of need:
- Crisis Intervention and Diversion: Services provided to individuals and families in crisis to overcome immediate problems and reduce or prevent the need for more restrictive and expensive higher-level services.
- Improved Quality of Human Services: Services and opportunities provided to individuals, organizations and communities that enhance the quality, accessibility, accountability and coordination of services provided by community organizations.
- Long-Term Support: Services that focus on assisting individuals who have continuing, long-term support needs to remain healthy, safe and independent in the community.
- Prevention and Self-Sufficiency: Services focused on assisting individuals and families in becoming and/or remaining independent and stable, and providing tools, skills, strategies and resources to individuals and families.
View the Pre-Application Webinar, Informational Presentation and Frequently Asked Questions
Prospective applicants were strongly encouraged to participate in a pre-application information webinar hosted by the county November 9, 2022. The archived video of the webinar and the county's presentation are available online.
- View the Human Services Nonprofit Grant Funding Pre-Application Webinar.
- View the Human Services Nonprofit Grant Funding Presentation (PDF).
- View Frequently Asked Questions about the FY 2024 Application (PDF)
- Loudoun County Human Services Nonprofit FY 2024 Funding Application
- FY 2024 Nonprofit Grant Program Application Process Manual (PDF)
- Required Attachments
Helpful information on topics relevant to nonprofits, including webinars from previous years, is available:
FY 2024 Nonprofit Grants Process Timeline
|November 4, 2022||Grant Application Release Date|
|November 9, 2022||Pre-Application Information Webinar|
|December 9, 2022||Deadline for Applicant Questions|
|December 22, 2022||Grant Application Due at 4:00 p.m.|
|January / February 2023||Application Review|
|April 2023||Award recommendations presented to the Board of Supervisors (second meeting in April)|
|June 1, 2023||Email introduction to grants managers|
|June 15, 2023||Signed Memorandums of Understanding (MOUs) due|
|July 1, 2023||FY 2024 Award Funding Begins|
|October 16, 2023||FY 2024 First-Quarter Report Due|
|January 15, 2024||FY 2024 Mid-Year Report Due|
|April 14, 2024||FY 2024 Third-Quarter Report Due|
|July 30, 2024||FY 2024 Final Report Due|
The county has established a subscription service to provide information of interest to local nonprofit organizations, including county grant and professional development opportunities. Individuals can sign up to receive email or text updates.
- View all updates for nonprofits
- Sign up for updates in Notify Me: under the "News Flash: category choose "Nonprofit Updates"
Email us with any questions.
Anyone who requires a reasonable accommodation for any type of disability or who needs language assistance to participate in the application process should contact [email protected].