Riverside Parkway: Loudoun County Parkway to Lexington Drive
- This project funds the design and construction of a new four-lane, divided road segment of Riverside Parkway from Silvery Blue Terrace to Loudoun County Parkway at George Washington Boulevard, the removal of Lexington Drive on both sides of Route 7, a new Loudoun Water main, and the replacement of the existing temporary traffic signal at Loudoun County Parkway and George Washington Boulevard with a permanent signal.
- In conjunction with the planned Battlefield Parkway Interchange project, traffic flow will improve by enabling Route 7 to operate as a freeway west of Countryside Boulevard in Loudoun County.
- Planning for the completion of this missing segment of Riverside Parkway began in June of 2013.
- The project is estimated to be completed by the fall of 2021.
Current Status: March 2020
- Temporary construction entrances have been established on Smith Circle (east & west). Motorists may experience minor delays due to flagging in this area on weekdays from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- The county’s construction contractor for this project has completed the removal of the traffic signal at the intersection of Lexington Drive and Route 7.
- The project area has been cleared of vegetation and earthwork is underway. Utilities have been removed and the work to construct permanent storm drainage pipe and structures has begun.
- If weather permits, all erosion and sediment controls, including four sediment basins, will be completed in March and construction of the new roadway will begin.
- When construction of the new roadway begins, the existing west bound lanes on Lexington Drive from Smith Circle to Pearl Crescent Square will be closed and all traffic will be diverted to the two existing eastbound lanes. This road segment is subject to temporary one lane closures on weekdays from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- The intersection of Silvery Blue Terrace and Lexington Drive will be closed while a new entrance to Silvery Blue Terrace is constructed to align with the new roadway. A detour, from Silvery Blue Terrace to Fiery Skipper Terrace to Pearl Crescent Square, will allow access to Lexington Drive until the reconstructed entrance at Silvery Blue Terrace is safe for vehicular traffic. View the detour plan for details.
Stay Informed About This Project
- View all updates for this Riverside Parkway segment project.
- Sign up for updates about this project on Notify Me, Blogs category.
- If you have questions about this project, email county staff or call 703-737-8624.
- Email Glen Barbour, Public Information Officer or call 703-771-5086.