- Departments & Offices
- Parks, Recreation & Community Services
- About Us
- Area Agency on Aging
Area Agency on Aging
The Loudoun County Area Agency on Aging (AAA) is the central point of contact for seniors (55+) and their families.
The AAA mission is to foster independence and healthy aging, and improve the quality of life for older adults and their caregivers through comprehensive programs and services.
Family caregivers and older adults can access information and attend support groups (PDF) and educational events (PDF) that cover various topics. These seminars are free and you can register to attend by calling 571-258-3490 or email the Area Agency on Aging for a schedule of upcoming events.
Programs & Events
- Caregiver Educational Series (PDF)
- Case Management Services (PDF)
- Chime In! Hand Chime Group (PDF)
- Early Stage Dementia Virtual Support Group (PDF)
- SHARE for Dementia (PDF)
- Virtual Caregiver Support Group (PDF)
- Virtual Coffee Chat with Lori (PDF)
Senior Outreach to Services (S.O.S.)
Provides confidential, supportive assistance linking Loudoun County residents over the age of 60 to services and supports in the community. A case manager is available to meet at senior centers, congregate meal sites, or at an individual's home in Loudoun County. Case management is funde by the Care Coordination for Elderly Virginians Grant Program under the Virginia Department for Aging and Rehabilitative Services.
is a person-centered, decision-support process that empowers older adults and people with disabilities to make informed long-term support choices with the assistance of a case manager. Options Counseling is funded by the Virginia Department for Aging and Rehabilitative Services.
Case Management services may include:
- Eligibility screenings
- Assessment of needs
- Information and referral to programs
- Initial coordination of services
Who May Need Case Management
Residents who may need case management include:
- Older adults and adults with disabilities who require coordination of multiple services
- Older adults and adults with disabilities whose family or friends live outside of the area, or who are unable to coordinate and oversee services
- Older adults and adults with disabilities living alone and unable to access services without help
Case management services can be an invaluable resource in maintaining independence. If you, a family member, friend or other loved one are not sure of the resources and services available and feel that you may benefit from case management, please call 703-777-0257 (TTY 711).
Our senior centers serve adults 55 years and over who are well, active and can independently take care of their basic needs.
- Ashburn Senior Center
- Carver Senior Center
- Dulles South Senior Center
- Senior Center at Cascades
- The Senior Center of Leesburg
Services and Programs
- Recreational and educational programs, activities and classes
- Daily hot lunch with a 24-hour advance reservation
- Day and overnight trips
- Fitness facilities and programs
- Volunteer opportunities are available at all senior centers, senior activity centers and with the Home-Delivered Meals Program.
- Annual membership for seniors 55 and over allows participation at any Loudoun County senior center. The annual fee is $32 for county residents and $48 for non-residents.
- Drop-in fee for visitors and non-members
- Senior Center Guidelines (PDF)
- Transportation is provided in selected areas; please contact individual centers for more information about routes and pick-up schedules.
Loudoun County Adult Day Centers help aging adults remain in the community as long as possible and provide support and respite to their caregivers. They are all licensed by the Commonwealth of Virginia.
People We Serve
- Loudoun County residents age 60 or older with memory loss or health problems who would benefit from socialization and/or help with personal care needs.
- Many of our clients have Alzheimer's disease or other forms of dementia.
- We accept only persons whose needs we can meet and who do not require professional nursing services.
Adult Day Center Locations
For any questions or concerns, please email the Area Agency on Aging or call 703-777-0257.
742 Miller Dr. SE
Leesburg, VA 20175