Belmont Ridge Road Improvements
- This project funds the design, land acquisition and construction of the reconstruction and widening of Belmont Ridge Road between Truro Parish Drive and Croson Lane from an existing two lane rural road to a four lane median divided suburban roadway with shared use paths on each side.
- The road plans were approved by the Virginia Department of Transportation and the Loudoun County Department of Building and Development (B&D) in June 2017. In November 2019 acquisition of land rights for the project was completed.
- The project funding comes from a variety of funding sources including local tax funding, General Obligation Bonds, and the Northern Virginia Transit Authority (NVTA).
Current Status: January 2022
- A construction kick-off meeting was held in November 2021, following the construction contract award. Notice to Proceed (NTP) with construction is currently scheduled for January 2022.
- Verizon utility relocation activities are complete.
- Construction is currently estimated to begin in winter 2022 and to be completed in summer 2024, weather permitting.
Pardon Our Dust Meeting
- Loudoun County will host a Pardon Our Dust meeting (PDF) for members of the public on Thursday, January 20, 2022, at 6:00 p.m. via WebEx. At this meeting, the public will receive a broad overview of the project timeline and learn about the stages of construction. Logon information is online here. Speakers must sign up in advance to speak during the meeting no later than January 19, 2022, at 12:00 p.m..
- Loudoun County will host a ceremonial breaking of ground (PDF) on Thursday, January 27, 2022, at 11:45 a.m. at Edgar Tillet Memorial Park, 21561 Belmont Ridge Rd, Ashburn. Members of the Board of Supervisors, the NVTA, and the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) are scheduled to be on hand for the ceremonial breaking of ground.
Stay Informed About This Project
- View all updates for this Belmont Ridge Road Improvements – Truro Parish to Croson Lane project.
- Sign up for updates about this project on Notify Me, Blogs category.
If you have questions about this project, email county staff or call 703-737-8624.
Email Glen Barbour, Public Information Officer or call 703-771-5086.