Belmont Ridge Road Improvements
- This project funds the design, land acquisition and construction of the reconstruction and widening of Belmont Ridge Road between Truro Parish Drive and Croson Lane from an existing two lane rural road to a four lane median divided suburban roadway with shared use paths on each side.
- The road plans were approved by the Virginia Department of Transportation and the Loudoun County Department of Building and Development (B&D) in June 2017. In November 2019 acquisition of land rights for the project was completed.
- The project funding comes from a variety of funding sources including local tax funding, General Obligation Bonds, and the Northern Virginia Transit Authority (NVTA).
Shared-use paths along Belmont Ridge Road to close for paving November 2023.
The shared-use path (SUP) along the east side of Belmont Ridge Road between Croson Lane and Cochrans Lock Drive, and the SUPs on both sides of Cocharans Lock Drive, will close for paving work in November 2023, weather permitting.
Current Phase: Construction
- Learn about project phases and milestones.
- Visit the Capital Projects Active and Planned in Loudoun County interactive map to view projects in your area, including this one.
- Winter 2022 - Summer 2024: Construction
- Summer 2024: Substantial Completion
Stay Informed About This Project
- View all updates for this Belmont Ridge Road Improvements – Truro Parish to Croson Lane project.
- Sign up for updates about this project on Notify Me, Blogs category.
- View before and after drone photos for the first six months of project construction. (PDF)
- Pardon Our Dust Meeting - January 20, 2022
- Belmont Ridge Road Aerial Exhibit (PDF)
- Belmont Ridge Road Design Cross Section (PDF)
If you have questions about this project, email county staff or call 703-737-8624.
Email Glen Barbour, Public Information Officer or call 703-771-5086.