Bles Park Improvements
- Loudoun County is considering improvements to Bles Park that are designed to provide additional recreational opportunities for residents and improve safety and access, while maintaining the park’s natural attributes.
- The 132-acre park is located north of Route 7 in Loudoun’s Algonkian District and is adjacent to the Potomac River. It includes a portion of the Potomac Heritage National Scenic Trail. The Eastern Loudoun Adult Day Center is also located on the property, which also currently includes four sports fields, paved and natural trails, wetlands/natural areas, a playground and limited parking.
- Over the last year, the county has modified plans for the park, based on community input. The revised plan represents the minimum necessary to provide the required parking and facility upgrades to meet the needs of park users, while limiting the effects on the natural habitat.
- In addition to adding adequate and safe parking for the use of the existing sports fields, the plan also would add pavilions, canoe/kayak launch, multi-generation playgrounds, skate spots, an off-leash dog area, tennis and pickleball courts, and overlook areas.
- When completed, the project will offer safe and accessible parks and recreation opportunities by means of inter-connected open space that provide diverse activities for all ages, interests, and abilities.
Current Phase: Design
Stay Informed About This Project
The blog provides project updates to subscribers, including phase and milestone information.
- Sign up for updates about this project on Notify Me, Blogs category.
- View all updates for this Bles Park Improvements project.
Related Documents and Resources
- View the staff report prepared item for the January 18 meeting (PDF).
- View video of the December 15, 2021 Board of Supervisors Public Hearing
- See the staff presentation from the December 15, 2021 Public Hearing
- View video of the October 14, 2021 Planning Commission Work Session
- View memorandum from October 14, 2021 Planning Commission Work Session (PDF)
- View the staff report (PDF) from June 22, 2021 Planning Commission Public Hearing
- Quarterly Report on Capital Improvement Projects (PDF)
- Search Board of Supervisors documents for information related to this project.
- If you have questions about this project, email county staff or call 703-737-8624.
- Email Glen Barbour, Public Information Officer or call 703-771-5086.