Service Changes for Loudoun County Transit
Service Changes Effective July 2018
Fare Increase for Commuter Bus Services
Per guidance from the Board of Supervisors that the Premium Commuter Bus services need to be fare neutral by the time Metrorail service begins in Loudoun County, fares for transit services to/from Loudoun County to/from Rosslyn, the Pentagon, Crystal City and Washington DC will increase $1.00 for both SmarTrip ($10.00) and cash fares ($11.00) effective July 23, 2018.
After a process of reviewing operational data, including rider and stakeholder feedback, staff have finalized the following service changes that will go into effect throughout the month of July 2018. We would like to thank everyone who took the time to provide their thoughtful feedback in an effort to make Loudoun County Transit's services as effective and efficient as possible.
Changes Effective July 2, 2018
- Route 985 – New route providing a direct connection between Sterling Park and the Wiehle-Reston East Metrorail Station.
- Connecting with Sterling routes 80 and 82 on Enterprise Street.
- Adding stops along Church Rd. between Holly Avenue and Sterling Boulevard
- Adding a stop near the entrance to the Newberry neighborhood and the Chase Heritage Apartments on Sterling Boulevard
- Route 83 - Discontinued
Route 990 – This route will be optimized to to better serve the area in and around Quantum Park/AOL/Pacific Boulevard
- Morning route - Will serve Quantum Park, Raytheon/Oath and Business Court, with stops along Pacific Boulevard
- Afternoon route - Will serve Pacific Boulevard, Business Court, Raytheon/Oath and Quantum Park, with stops along Pacific Boulevard
- Route 70 Schedule
-This will change the route around One Loudoun. The current One Loudoun bus stop located on westbound Russell Branch Parkway has been relocated onto Exchange Street.
- Route 72 Schedule - Will now stop on Exchange Street. Eliminates Atwater Drive portion of route.
Changes Effective July 16, 2018
Leesburg, Harmony, Purcellville Route Changes Effective July 16
- July 16 Leesburg/Harmony/Purcellville Schedule
- Purcellville Park and Ride - Existing St. Andrew Park and Ride closes. New Purcellville Park and Ride lot opens at 412 Browning Court
- Route 802 - Will continue to serve the same pick-ups in Washington DC, will drop off only at the Leesburg Park and Ride Lot.
- Route 823 - Will serve Navy Yard and DC West, will start at Navy Yard ay 3:40 p.m., will drop off at the Harmony and Purcellville Park and Ride Lots
- Route 815/818 - Route 815 will be eliminated; Route 818 will pick up in Rosslyn at 5:34 p.m.
- Harmony Park and Ride Lot: To relieve overcrowding:
- Route 407 will pick up from the Purcellville park and ride lot at 5:43 a.m. and continue to pick up from the Harmony Park and Ride lot at 5:58 a.m.
- Route 415 will pick up from the Purcellville park and ride lot at 6:25 a.m. and continue to pick up from the Harmony Park and Ride lot at 6:40 a.m.
Christian Fellowship Church Park and Ride Lot Closing
- The last day that service will be provided to and from CFC is on Friday, July 13.
- Starting on Monday, July 16, the routes that used to service CFC will be split, with some of the routes using Loudoun Station and some using the Dulles North Transit Center.
- New Schedule: Route 100/500 schedule
Send Your Comments
Comments regarding any suggested route, stop or schedule changes are welcomed and should be emailed to . Commuters may also contact us by phone at 1-877-465-2287 or 703-771-5665. A customer service representative is available to speak to callers Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Visit www.loudoun.gov/transit for complete information about commuting options in Loudoun County.