Service Changes for Loudoun County Transit
Bus Service Changes for Monday, May 31, 2021 – Memorial Day
On Monday, May 31, 2021, Loudoun County Transit will make the following bus service changes in observance of Memorial Day:
Commuter Bus Service
- There will be no Commuter Bus Service operating on Monday, May 31, 2021.
Metro Connection Bus Service
- There will be no Metro Connection Bus Service operating on Monday, May 31, 2021. This includes stops at the Wiehle-Reston East Metrorail station provided by Routes 72, 84, 931, 932, 985, 990 and 992.
Local Fixed Route Bus Service
- There will be no Local Bus Service operating on Monday, May 31, 2021.
Loudoun County Courthouse Shuttle
- The Loudoun County Courthouse Shuttle from the Pennington Garage and Lot to the Courthouse will not operate on Monday, May 31, 2021.
Ongoing Impacts to Bus Service
Complementary paratransit bus services are provided in Loudoun County during the same days and hours as the local fixed routes.
- Route 57: Leesburg Fixed Routes (Village at Leesburg) - The bus stop located at the Arby’s in the Marketplace at Potomac Station has moved to the adjacent BB&T on Potomac Station Drive and a stop has been added at Caliber Collision, 4 Cardinal Park Drive, SE, Leesburg, VA. These changes will last until the completion of road construction at Route 7 and Battlefield Parkway. View the Route 7 at Battlefield Parkway page on Virginia Department of Transportation’s web site for more information.
- Route 72: Wiehle-Reston East Metrorail station to and from George Washington University, One Loudoun and the Ashburn North Park and Ride – Service has been reduced to four trips in the morning and seven trips in the afternoon.
- Route 81: The Countryside Connector, providing service within Countryside to the Dulles Town Center, no longer stops at the Broad Run Farms bus stop due to the permanent closure of the Broad Run Farms Park and Ride Lot.
- Route 88X: Dulles South/East Gate and from the Wiehle-Reston East Metrorail Station - Morning and afternoon service has been reduced to four trips.
- Routes 921/922: Harmony and Leesburg Park and Ride lots to and from the Wiehle-Reston East Metrorail Station - Service has been suspended until further notice. No buses will run.
- Routes 923/924: Goose Creek Village/Broadlands to and from the Wiehle-Reston East Metrorail Station - Service has been reduced to 5 trips in the morning and 4 trips in the afternoon.
- Routes 925/926: Loudoun Station to and from the Wiehle-Reston East Metrorail Station - Morning and afternoon service has been reduced to six trips.
- Routes 931/932: Purcellville Park and Ride lot to and from the Wiehle-Reston East Metrorail Station - Morning and afternoon service has been reduced. Route 931 has been reduced to three trips in the morning and two trips in the afternoon. Route 932 has been reduced to two trips in the morning and three trips in the afternoon.
- Routes 990/992: Wiehle-Reston East Metrorail station to and from employment sites in Loudoun County, on Loudoun County Parkway and Pacific Boulevard – Morning and afternoon service has been reduced to four trips.
- Routes 993/994: Wiehle-Reston East Metrorail station to and from the Loudoun County Government Center - Service has been suspended until further notice. No buses will run.
Commuter Bus Service was adjusted to meet passenger demand on Monday, November 2, 2020, with route reductions and additions. For details, read the summary below or view the Commuter Bus Schedule (PDF).
- New Commuter Bus routes stopping at the Dulles South (Stone Ridge II) and East Gate Park and Ride lots were added:
- Routes 281 (a.m.) and 681 (p.m.) provide service to and from Loudoun County and Washington, D.C.
- Routes 282 (a.m.) and 682 (p.m.) provide service to and from Loudoun County and Rosslyn/the Pentagon/Crystal City.
- Current Commuter Bus routes stopping at the Leesburg Park and Ride lot and Dulles North Transit Center were reduced, and a Route 482 bus stop has been moved temporarily, as follows:
- Routes 481 (a.m.) and 881 (p.m.)have been reduced to five trips to and from Loudoun County and Washington, D.C. at newly scheduled times.
- Routes 482 (a.m.) and 882 (p.m.) providing service to and from Loudoun County and Rosslyn/the Pentagon/Crystal City have been reduced. Route 482 has been reduced to five trips and Route 882 has been reduced to six trips, at newly scheduled times.
- Due to construction in the area, the Route 482 bus stop located at the Lee Highway (Route 29) and Fort Myer Drive intersection has moved a block west on Lee Highway until further notice. View the Route 482 Bus Stop Change Flyer (PDF) for a map of the new bus stop location.
- Due to service changes made July 2020, Commuter Bus Service no longer includes stops at the Navy Yard Metrorail Station, the Waterfront Metrorail Station, H Street and 9th Street.
Service Change Notifications
- All riders should monitor this web page, loudoun.gov/buschanges, after 4:00 a.m. for possible unexpected service changes. A voice mail message at 703-771-5665 also will be updated should any service changes occur.
- To receive Loudoun County Transit notifications, download Transit app for free on Google Play or the Apple Store. After download, set your favorite routes to begin receiving notifications for the buses you ride. For more information, visit loudoun.gov/transitapp.
Comments regarding any suggested route, stop or schedule changes are welcomed and should be emailed to Transit Comments. Commuters may also contact us by phone at 877-465-2287 or 703-771-5665. A customer service representative is available to speak to callers Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Please be aware that the Department of Transportation & Capital Infrastructure (DTCI), which includes Loudoun County Transit, will close at 5:00 p.m. on Friday, May 28, 2021 and remain closed until 8:30 a.m. on Tuesday, June 1, 2021. Loudoun County Transit service representatives will respond to inquiries received during the closure when the office reopens on June 1, 2021.