Courts Complex Expansion
- The Courts Complex Expansion project includes the design and construction of a new 92,000-square-foot Loudoun County District Courthouse and renovation of existing courts facilities, including new parking facilities, in Leesburg, Va.
- Work completed to date includes a new parking garage next to the Pennington parking lot.
- Current work includes constructing the new General District Courthouse. Improvements to parking lots and pedestrian access to the courts buildings are also underway.
- Future work includes renovations to the existing courthouse (18 East Market Street) and historic Valley Bank building (20 East Market Street).
- The new General District Courthouse will be located on the current Church Street parking lot at the corner of Church Street and Edwards Ferry Road in downtown Leesburg. The new building is expected to be complete and open to the public in fall 2023.
- In February 2023, the Board of Supervisors voted to name the multiple buildings that comprise the Loudoun courts and related offices the Loudoun County Courthouse Complex, while the historic courthouse will bear the name of Charles Hamilton Houston. Read details in this news release (PDF).
Current Phase: Construction
- Learn about project phases and milestones.
- Visit the Capital Projects Active and Planned in Loudoun County interactive map to view projects in your area, including this one.
- Spring 2020 - Winter 2023: Construction
- Summer 2023: Substantial Completion
Stay Informed About This Project
- View all updates on the Courts Complex Expansion.
- Sign up to receive updates on this project in Notify Me, Blogs category.
Courthouse Visitor Information
Free public parking is available at the Pennington Parking Garage and Lot, located at 210 Church Street NE, Leesburg 20176.
Shuttle service from the Pennington Garage and Pennington Lot to the courthouse will run approximately every ten minutes, Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. A walking path between the parking areas and the courthouse will be maintained throughout the duration of construction. For parking details and a map of the shuttle route and walking path, view the Courthouse Visitor Map (PDF).
- March 29, 2023 Virtual Courts Complex Expansion Construction Update Meeting
- March 2022 Construction Current View vs Future View (PDF)
- November 14, 2019: Construction Schedule and Impacts Presentation (PDF)
- November 14, 2019: Summary of Timeline and Impacts (PDF)
- July 16, 2019: Loudoun County Courthouse Expansion Phase III Public Information Meeting Presentation (PDF)
- April 23, 2019: Project Status Update (PDF)
- February 16, 2017: Pennington Parking Structure Presentation (PDF)
- February 16, 2017: Fact Sheet (PDF)
- FY 2014 Adopted CIP: Courts Complex Phase III Description (PDF)
- For questions about the Courthouse project, contact John Arriaga, DTCI Construction Manager by emailor 571-258-3489, or Jeffrey Dean, McDonough Bolyard Peck, Inc. Project Manager by email or 202-826-5429.
- For questions about the Pennington Parking Garage, contact Nick Brown, DTCI Construction Program Manager by email or call 571-258-3435.
- Email Glen Barbour, Public Information Officeror call 703-771-5086.