Courts Complex Expansion
- The Courts Complex Expansion project includes the design and construction of a new 92,000-square-foot Loudoun County District Courthouse and renovation of existing courts facilities, including new parking facilities.
- The new courthouse will be located on the current Church Street Parking Lot at the corner of Church Street and Edwards Ferry Road in downtown Leesburg.
- The existing courthouse (18 East Market Street) and historic Valley Bank building (20 East Market Street) will be renovated.
- Parking lots and pedestrian access to the courts buildings will be improved. A new parking garage has been constructed next to the existing Pennington Lot.
- Construction began April 2020 and is expected to take approximately 2.5 years.Opens a New Window.
Current Status: September 2021
- Crews are making visible progress on the new courthouse structure as the installation of exterior framing and sheathing nears completion on the north, south and east elevations.
- On the inside of the building, crews continue to frame interior walls on the ground and first floor, and to rough-in electrical, mechanical and plumbing systems on all floors.
- Over the next several weeks, masonry crews will continue work on ground level rooms, and elevator shafts on all levels.
- Visitors to the Loudoun County Courthouse may park for free at the Pennington Garage and Pennington Lot, which are located approximately two blocks away off of Church Street NE in Leesburg. Shuttle service from the Pennington Garage and Pennington Lot to the courthouse will run approximately every ten minutes, Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. A walking path between the parking areas and the courthouse will be maintained throughout the duration of construction. View parking details and a map of the shuttle route and walking path in this flyer (PDF).
Stay Informed About This Project
- View all updates on the Courts Complex Expansion.
- Sign up to receive updates on this project in Notify Me, Blogs category.
- November 14, 2019: Construction Schedule and Impacts Presentation (PDF)
- November 14, 2019: Summary of Timeline and Impacts (PDF)
- July 16, 2019: Loudoun County Courthouse Expansion Phase III Public Information Meeting Presentation (PDF)
- April 23, 2019: Project Status Update (PDF)
- February 16, 2017: Pennington Parking Structure Presentation (PDF)
- February 16, 2017: Fact Sheet (PDF)
- FY 2014 Adopted CIP: Courts Complex Phase III Description (PDF)
- For questions about the Courthouse project, contact John Arriaga, DTCI Construction Manager by email or 571-258-3489, or Jeffrey Dean, McDonough Bolyard Peck, Inc. Project Manager by email or 202-826-5429.
- For questions about the Pennington Parking Garage, contact Nick Brown, DTCI Construction Program Manager by email or call 571-258-3435.
- Email Glen Barbour, Public Information Officer or call 703-771-5086.