COVID-19 Testing Task Force
The Loudoun County COVID-19 Testing Task Force was organized to help facilitate the availability of more COVID-19 testing in the community. It provides information and recommendations to the Board of Supervisors and the County Administrator who are closely monitoring the progress of the pandemic.
The task force is addressing the following matters:
- Identity the steps necessary to increase the number of COVID-19 tests performed in the county overall.
- Identify the best diagnostic tests and the efforts necessary to have access to those tests, and all necessary testing materials, and safe specimen collection activities.
- Identify future steps to conduct serology, or antibody, testing and provide advisement/recommendations.
The documents included at the links below have been provided by members of the Loudoun County COVID-19 Testing Task Force as informative resources to physicians and the public. The information does not represent a formal position of Loudoun County Government or the Virginia Department of Health.
- Information for Physicians
- Includes weekly updates from task force infectious disease specialists Dr. Rhee and Dr. Levorson.
- Sanford Guide: Summary of scientific based conclusions on COVID
- Health care practitioners may email our infectious disease advisers to ask questions.
- Task Force Meeting Agendas and Summaries
- Includes meeting summaries and agendas.
- Information for Patients
- If you have been tested for COVID-19 and have questions about the results, additional resource information is included.
|Provider Name||Current # of Tests Per Day||Current Daily Capacity||Current Constraints on
Individuals to be Tested
|Healthworks for Northern Virginia
|60-75 between 3 locations||75||Must be enrolled as a patient; enrolling new patients.
Testing symptomatic and asymptomatic.
|Loudoun Medical Group
1,000 for corporate testing
|Pre-op; contact, symptomatic and asymptomatic, contacts
of positive patients and follow-up of positive patients; all PCR
nasopharyngeal swabs; all in Loudoun County; ability to do
unlimited numbers of Roche IgG test daily; limited only by capacity to draw blood
Phone: Respiratory Illness Clinic Dulles South - 703-722-2500
Phone: Cares Clinics for Families -
|300||400||Symptomatic patients, asymptomatic pre-procedure and long term
care residents, all laboring moms (regardless of symptoms) and exposed newborns
|120+||130||Testing symptomatic and asymptomatic|
Phone: Dulles - 571-349-4000
|40-50||100||Symptomatic patients; pre-op|
Phone: Leesburg - 703-840-1396
|60/day, 7 days a week||100||Symptomatic patients, pre-op, contact,
employment, first responders, health care workers, cancer patients
|Loudoun Free Clinic
|0||Referring to other test sites
(Inova, Loudoun Medical Group tents, Healthworks)
Find More COVID-19 Testing Locations
Visit the Virginia Department of Health’s website to find additional testing locations in Loudoun County and Northern Virginia, including one-day testing events. Enter your locality in the search field to find locations near you.
Task Force Recommendation 05/28/20
At this time, we do not recommend antibody tests also known as serology testing for COVID-19. The antibody tests that are currently available are NOT specific enough for COVID-19 and false positives are a strong possibility. Remember, about 1/3 of all common colds are in the coronavirus family, and we have all likely been infected with a coronavirus at some point. Therefore a positive test does not mean you have COVID-19 immunity. There is also no evidence to suggest that past infection with COVID-19 is protective against re-infection with COVID-19. In addition, we do not have enough data about how human antibody patterns behave to COVID-19, so we could be seeing false negatives as well depending on how long people make antibodies. As more specific COVID-19 strain antibody tests are developed, these guidelines may likely change, but again at this time, COVID-19 antibody testing is not recommended.
- Dr. John Farrell, Loudoun Health Council - Chairman
- Charles Yudd, Deputy County Administrator - Co-chair
- Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) - Matthew Mathias
- Inova - Stacey A. Metcalfe and Dr. Jill McCabe
- Loudoun Medical Group - Dr. Kevin O'Connor
- Healthworks - Carol Jameson @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Urgent care facilities - Dr. Roshelle Beckwith and Michelle Fitz (MetroMed) and Dr. John Strazzullo (Patient First)
- Loudoun Free Clinic - Maribeth Goldin
- Dr. Henry Rhee
- Dr. Rebecca Levorson
- Loudoun County Health Department Director Dr. David Goodfriend @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>