Evergreen Mills Road Realignment
- This project provides for the planning, design, right-of-way acquisition, and construction of the realignment of Evergreen Mills Road at the intersections of Reservoir Road and Watson Road.
- The improvements propose a new four-way signalized intersection between Evergreen Mills Road, Watson Road and Reservoir Road.
- This project is an existing Capital Improvement Program (CIP) project that was also identified as a long-term recommendation in the Evergreen Mills Road Safety Audit and Improvements completed in 2019.
- The project is designed to improve lines of sight and safety along this segment of Evergreen Mills Road, while adding right and left turn lanes from Evergreen Mills onto Watson Road and Reservoir Road.
- A virtual public information meeting was held in September 2020 and design endorsement from the Board of Supervisors was received in February 2021.
Current Status: October 2021
- Additional field work related to geotechnical investigations began in late September 2021 and is estimated to be completed by the end of October 2021.
- Floodplain Alteration was submitted to Loudoun County Department of Building and Development in September 2021 and is currently under their review.
- The County’s design team is reviewing and addressing comments from the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) and the Loudoun County Department of Building and Development (B&D) on design plans at 60% completion.
- Land Acquisition efforts are currently anticipated to begin in early 2022.
- Floodplain alteration to be submitted for review next month.
Stay Informed About This Project
- View all project updates on Evergreen Mills Road Realignment.
- Sign up for updates on this project in Notify Me, Blogs category.
- Evergreen Mills Road/Watson Road Safety Audit and Improvements
- Search Board of Supervisors documents for information related to this project.
If you have questions about this project, email county staff or call 703-737-8624.
Email Glen Barbour, Public Information Officer or call 703-771-5086.