Human Services Strategic Plan
Apply for the Human Services Strategic Plan Advisory Committee
Loudoun County is now accepting applications from individuals interested in serving on the newly created Loudoun County Human Services Strategic Plan Advisory Committee.
The committee will implement the strategies outlined in the Human Services Strategic Plan, which aims to meet the county’s human service needs such as affordable health care, child care and housing.
Applications are being accepted through September 30, 2019 from individuals representing four specific areas:
- Faith-based organizations;
- Funders or grantmakers who provide financial support to human services programs;
- Individuals or families who have received human services from Loudoun County government; and
- Underrepresented populations in Loudoun County, such as (but not necessarily limited to) youth, transition-aged youth, older adults, people with disabilities, low-income persons or families, foreign-born persons or families, and/or representing cultural diversity.
Representative committee members, who will be chosen by the County Administrator, will serve two-year terms, with a limit of three terms. The committee will meet at least six times per year for two hours per meeting; meetings are expected to begin in October 2019.
Individuals should prepare a resume and a short statement regarding their interest in serving on the committee. Individuals who do not have a resume may submit a letter of interest.
To apply,submit the online form by September 30, 2019.
Loudoun County, in partnership with local nonprofit organizations, has developed the county’s first, community-wide Human Services Strategic Plan (PDF). The plan provides a roadmap for implementing improved, coordinated systems of care that meet the county’s human service needs in areas such as affordable health care, child care and housing.
The plan was developed through a wide-ranging, collaborative effort by the Loudoun County government, the Community Foundation for Loudoun and Northern Fauquier Counties and the Loudoun Human Services Network. Representatives of these groups served on the Human Services Strategic Plan Steering Committee, which developed the strategic plan. The effort also included extensive community outreach.
Our vision is to create a healthy, thriving, safe, and inclusive Loudoun community.
The plan, presented at the Board of Supervisors business meeting July 2, 2019, has five major goals:
- Close critical service gaps for vulnerable or underserved members of the Loudoun community;
- Improve health and wellness outcomes by addressing the social determinants of health that challenge the Loudoun community;
- Optimize access for people seeking services by integrating the Loudoun human services system;
- Meet the growing needs of the Loudoun community through the development and coordination of resources and funding practices; and
- Enhance the quality, capacity and delivery of services by strengthening the network of human services providers.