Application Review & Management
The Department of Planning and Zoning is responsible for:
- Reviewing rezonings, special exceptions, and related applications to determine consistency with county plans and ordinances;
- Ensuring that legislative applications, such as rezonings and special exceptions, are submitted to, and reviewed by, the Board of Supervisors and the Planning Commission in compliance with county and state code requirements;
- Ensuring the process provides a forum for the public review of land development proposals;
- Providing professional analysis of the implications of each application on county services, existing development, adopted plans, utilities, and fiscal resources; and
- Conducting pre-application meetings on legislative applications prior to their submission.