Information & Assistance
About the Service
Information and Assistance (formerly known as Elder Choices) is the first stop for anyone seeking information about resources and services available to older adults and their caregivers. This service supports Loudoun County residents age 60 and older and their caregivers.
Aging Program Specialists assess the needs of the individual calling for assistance, link the caller to specific services, and provide follow-up, when possible, to ensure that the needed services were received. The Aging Program Specialists give accurate and up-to-date information about programs and services.
Information and assistance provides:
- Prompt personal response to inquiries
- Lending library of information on elder-related issues, programs, and services
- Short assessment of care and service needs
- Referrals and help with locating agencies and programs to provide needed resources and services
- Speakers bureau on elder-related issues and agency programs
Information is available about the following services:
- Adult Day Services
- Disease Prevention and Health Promotion
- Elder Abuse
- Home Delivered Meals
- Legal Assistance
- Long-Term Care Providers
- Personal Care
- Senior Centers
- Support Groups
If you, a family member, friend or other loved one have questions about the resources and services available, please call 703-777-0257 (TTY 711) and ask to speak with an Aging Program Specialist.