NEW! Community Ambassador Program Receives National Recognition
Light Up Loudoun Volunteer Program
The Light Up Loudoun Volunteer Program offers a variety of internal opportunities that provide support and assistance to the Area Agency on Aging (AAA) programs and services. It also includes referrals to local hospitals, libraries, museums, parks, and thrift shops. Regardless of your age, opportunities await you!
Whatever your reason for getting involved with your community, you will be excited to know that our volunteer program offers:
- Limited Insurance Coverage
- Social and Recognition Events
- Lifelong Learning and Friendships
- Limited transportation reimbursement (eligible only to those 55+ with limited income)
When asked on the 2014 Volunteer Survey how volunteer work affects them personally, here are a few responses:
- “My volunteer work is something to look forward to each week. It brings me new friends and a way to help other people”.
What You Can Expect as a Light Up Loudoun Volunteer
- “It sets a wonderful example to my family and I feel we’re all enriched. I feel good to give to others, and the recipients are very appreciative! Makes it so worthwhile!”
- "It is like an extended family I enjoy what I’m doing”.
- “I live alone and if I didn’t have this volunteer job, I would be a recluse”.
- “Volunteering keeps me active and happy”.
- “Makes me feel more connected to others and community”.
Sample Volunteer Opportunities
- Information and training to carry out your job, including a clear understanding of job responsibilities, and a written job description
- Trust and respect from agency staff and co-workers
- Ongoing support and supervision
- Recognition for contributions
Community Ambassadors Needed to Advocate for Seniors
- Activity Leader
- Community Ambassadors
- Home-Delivered Meal Driver
- Information Desk Attendant
- Long-Term Care Ombudsman
- Medicare Advisor
- Museum Docent
- Office Organization
- Park Attendant
- Peer Leader for Chronic Disease Self-Management
- Performing Arts Usher
- Special Events Assistant
- Special Olympics Coach
- Tax Preparer
If you are interested in learning more about our volunteer opportunities, please email , or call 703-777-0257 (TTY 571-258-3528) and ask to speak with the Volunteer Coordinator. If you are ready to start volunteering, please complete our volunteer Registration process. It includes:
- Complete and submit the PRCS volunteer application form online using this link.
- Send out three volunteer references forms (other than family member) and ask them to complete the online reference form using this link. (Send this link to your references, do not complete this page yourself)
- Review the Light Up Loudoun volunteer handbook using this link
- Attend volunteer orientation at your local senior center
Once our office receives the application and three references, we will contact you to arrange an Orientation session at your local senior center to help you select a volunteer opportunity that is a right match for you.