Volunteer At Your Local Center, Park or Program
The mission of the Loudoun County Department of Parks, Recreation and Community Services is to provide outstanding recreational and leisure opportunities, outcome-focused community services, and stewardship of our natural resources to promote quality of life for Loudoun’s residents and visitors. We value volunteerism and invite you to share in our mission. Make a difference - volunteer!
THANK YOU to the thousands of volunteers who give of their time and talent each year to help ensure the success of our programs and services!
PRCS Volunteer Opportunities
– Volunteers assist with Special Olympics events, camps, trips and other recreation programs for people with disabilities.
Cultural & Historical
– Volunteers assist with tours, educational classes, historical research and performances.
– Volunteers assist with youth & adult programs and special events.
Parks & Trails
– Volunteers assist with trail maintenance and general litter/trash pickup. They also assist the Park Naturalist and lead or assist with nature programs.
Programs & Services –
Volunteers serve as drivers for the Home Delivered Meals Program, provide Tax or Medicare Program counseling, assist with single-day events or summer camp, and lead youth after school activities. Also, volunteers serve in leadership roles on advisory boards.
Senior & Adult Day Centers –
Volunteers assist active older adults or participants with memory loss or physical limitations with social, educational, fitness and wellness activities.
– Volunteers coach youth and adult leagues and assist with tournaments and outdoor sports including football, soccer, Frisbee, kickball, softball, and more.
If interested in volunteering, please pick up a Volunteer Application at the preferred (staffed) PRCS facility or the PRCS Administrative Office, 20145 Ashbrook Place, Suite 170, Ashburn, VA 20147. For more information, call 703-777-0343.