Persons interested in performing inspections on alternative on-site sewage disposal systems must meet one of the three following qualifications:
Form Reporting Requirements
- Employed by the system manufacturer or designated by the system manufacturer as an authorized service provider, as demonstrated by evidence acceptable to the health officer
- Licensed by the Virginia Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation (DPOR) as a professional engineer
- Qualified as an accredited septic system inspector, as such term is defined in Title 59.1, Chapter 24.2 of the Code of Virginia (1950), as amended
Loudoun County requires that the form of reporting to the county shall be by the inspector using the county inspection form on the Internet. Accordingly, the administrative requirements set forth below shall be met:
- Individuals must provide the Loudoun County Health Department (LCHD) with verifiable credentials for the specific area (listed above) to be qualified as an inspector who can file reports to the county.
- Inspectors are required to attend a one-hour training session on how to enter the reports using the web-based system.
- Inspectors are required to inspect the alternative system and complete all applicable questions on the report.
- Inspectors are required to provide a copy of the report to the homeowner.
- Inspectors are required to submit an application for a user name and password, which will enable them to submit reports online.
- Inspectors are required to submit the report online to the LCHD.
Those individuals wishing to be identified as an inspector or anyone with questions should make an appointment by contacting the Health Department by phone at 703-771-5802 or 703-737-8948 or by email at