About the Activities
Questions to Ask
Do activities include:
- A schedule that meets young children's needs for routine, but is flexible enough to meet the needs of each child?
- Adequate supervision at all times children are in care?
- Creative experiences such as dramatic play, music, reading, and art activities?
- Enough caregivers / teachers to give individual attention to all children?
- Nutritious meals and snacks throughout the day?
- Quiet and active play, indoors and outdoors?
- Toys and play equipment that are right for each child's age and stage of development?
- Transportation (if needed) with appropriate seat belts and car seats?
- Washing hands after diapering, toileting, and before preparing and eating food?