About the Setting
Questions to Ask
Does the setting:
- Have a clean, safe place to change diapers?
- Have a safe, clear area where infants can crawl?
- Have a safe outdoor play area and equipment?
- Have at least two approved exits from child care areas?
- Have enough furniture, play things, and other equipment for all children to be individually involved?
- Have enough space indoors and out so all children can move freely and safely?
- Have equipment and materials that are suitable for the ages of the children?
- Have locked storage for medications, poisons, cleaners, guns, weapons, and ammunition?
- Have pets? If so, are they vaccinated? Do they appear to be well cared for?
- Have working smoke detectors?
- Provide enough space for napping and have appropriate surfaces (e.g., cribs, cots, mats)?