Continuum of Care
Notice: Temporary Relocation of Shelter Services
October 19, 2018: The services provided at the Loudoun County Homeless Services Center have been relocated temporarily while the facility is renovated. If you need help:
- Please call 703-777-0420, Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; or
- Visit the Department of Family Services, 102 Heritage Way, NE, Leesburg, Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Continuum of Care Overview
The Loudoun County Continuum of Care (CoC) is a community coalition of public, nonprofit, and faith-based organizations that provide a variety of shelter and support services to persons who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless. The overarching goal of the group is to ensure that there is a continuum of services to meet the needs of homeless persons in the community. The group meets monthly. Loudoun County Department of Family Services
provides staff support to the Continuum of Care.
Services for Those In Need
Programs and Partnerships
Key Activities of the CoC
- Operates the Coordinated Entry System to assist those experiencing a housing crisis.
- Collects data about homelessness in Loudoun County; Conducts annual Point-in-Time homeless count in January
- Leads the process for the development of a Ten-Year Plan to End Homelessness for Loudoun County (Ten-Year Plan Work Group meets monthly)
- Maintains homeless management information system (HMIS)
- Provides a forum for service providers to network and to collaborate on funding applications for homeless services
For questions or more information, contact Continuum of Care Coordinator Jennifer Hope by email
or call the Department of Family Services at 703-777-0353.
More Information is Online