Description of Duties
The following are the duties of election pages:
- Greet and direct voters to the polling area clearly and articulately.
- Be sure voters in line are at the correct precinct by looking up names on the handheld Palm Pilot device. Provide directions to correct polling places if necessary.
- Remind voters in line to have ID ready.
- Provide sample ballots and voting equipment instruction guides to voters who need assistance.
- Be aware of senior citizens and disabled voters in line and offer assistance to those who are having difficulty standing.
- Help keep the polling area neat. Make sure the voting booths have marking pens and are free of campaign material and litter.
- Open doors for voters and direct voters to exits or restrooms.
- Provide information in a second language or by signing (if qualified).
- Alert the Chief Election Officer of any problems with the building or voters.
Students or instructors/advisors interested in the Election Page Program should contact the Office of Elections at 703-777-0380 or sign up online by clicking here