ADU Purchase Program Information
Affordable Dwelling Unit (ADU) Purchase
Please follow the steps below to determine eligibility, documentation required and to complete the online application. *New Credit Report Requirement (See Self-Screen Questionnaire for details).
Pre-Qualification Steps for the ADU Purchase Program
1) Complete the Self-Screening Questionnaire listed above and print it.
2) If pre-qualified according to the parameters of the Self-Screening Questionnaire, print the questionnaire and gather all paperwork listed on the ADU Purchase Checklist.
3) Complete the Online Application (***Please have all paperwork on the ADU Purchase Checklist (above) available when you are completing the application. All information must be available and added at the time of the application).
4) Print the complete Self Screening Questionnaire and print a copy of the Online Application, copy and attach all supporting documentation requested on the ADU Purchase Checklist (Click here to access the documents), and mail to the address listed below within 10 days of submitting the online application.
5) ADU staff will contact you once all the information has been submitted to register you for an ADU Purchase Intake Session.
* Please send copies of all personal documents. After review all papers will be shredded.
Preference Categories - Clients will be placed on the Wait List according to the following priority preference category:
Priority 1: Households where the primary Applicants live and at least one of the primary Applicants works* in Loudoun County.
Priority 2: Households where at least one of the primary Applicants works* in Loudoun County, but does not live in the County.
Priority 3: Households where the primary Applicants live in Loudoun County, but does not work in the County.
Priority 4: Households where the primary Applicants neither live, nor work in Loudoun County.
*"Works" designation is based on the location of the primary employer for the Applicant or Co-Applicant(s) only. Location of employment for any household member or a secondary job for Applicant/Co-Applicant(s) will not be considered in the preference category determination. If the Applicant or Co-Applicant has two jobs, the location of the job which includes the most hours per pay period will be used as the primary job.
For more information regarding the ADU Purchase Program, please contact the Affordable Dwelling Unit at 703-737-8043. Please note that phone calls are accepted Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. Please mail your documents to:
Loudoun County Department of Family Services
102 Heritage Way N.E., Suite 103 P.O.BOX 7400
Leesburg VA 20177-7400
Attention: ADU Online Application