A Pre-Application Conference is a required meeting with the staff in the Department of Planning and Zoning for any applicants wishing to apply for a Legislative Land Use Application.
Scheduling a Pre-Application Conference
The request for a Pre-Application Conference must be in writing and include eight copies of the Request for Formal Pre-Application Conference form and seven copies of the following:
When the Department of Planning and Zoning has received the eight copies of necessary information, the applicant will be notified of the date and time of the Pre-Application Conference.
- Sketch map(s) of the site
- Description of proposed project or use
- Description of existing environmental, topographical, and structural features on the site to the extent they are known
- Graphics illustrating the scale, location, and design of any buildings or structures to the extent they are known
- A list of issues to be discussed at the conference
During the conference the applicant will receive an overview of the materials needed to submit an application, a description of the process from planners from different specialties. Along with this, the planners will comment on the proposal and make informal recommendations should the applicant/representative decide to go forward with the submission of an application.
For additional questions, please contact the Department of Planning and Zoning at 703-777-0246.