Loudoun County Demographics
Both Loudoun County Government and the Census Bureau publish data and analysis about Loudoun County.
American Community Survey (Annual Data)
The U.S. Census Bureau’s American Community Survey (ACS) provides annual
demographic data including educational attainment, foreign born population, language spoken at home, household income, and housing characteristics.
When using the American Community Survey’s data, it is best to use percentages rather than report actual numbers because the ACS is a survey of a small subset
of the county's population.
More ACS data can be found by going to the Census Bureau’s American FactFinder
Loudoun County Analyses
Demographic Story Map
- Education level
- Cultural demographics
Income Highlights Report
- Income characteristics and trends
- Economic challenges and hardships
Census Bureau Demographic Profiles, ACS One-Year Estimates
- Best to use if current data is needed, but be aware it has large statistical sample error
- Available countywide
- Not available for County sub-geographies (e.g. towns, election districts)
Loudoun County Economic Characteristics, 2016 - Use the ACS for economic characteristics data. For the civilian labor force and unemployment data use the Virginia Employment Commission.
Loudoun County Housing Characteristics, 2016
Loudoun County Social Characteristics, 2016
Prior Year ACS Demographic Profiles
Census Bureau Demographic Profiles, ACS Five-Year Estimates
- Use for increased statistical reliability
- Available for County sub-geographies
The U.S. Census Bureau’s Decennial Census is conducted every ten years and surveys 100% of the county's population.
2010 Decennial Census
- Race, Hispanic and Latino origin
- Housing unit vacancy rate
- Household size
- Family households
Race and Ethnicity Population Concentration Maps
- Census Bureau Demographic Profiles
Home Sales Prices by Zip Code Report
Reports the price variations of owner-occupied houses sold in the County to assess the housing affordability issue.