You are eligible to register to vote if you:
- Are a United States Citizen
- Are 18 years of age by the next general election
- Are a resident of Virginia
- Have had voting rights restored if you have ever been convicted of a felony or been judged to be mentally incapacitated
If you would like to register to vote in Virginia, you can submit a Virginia Voter Registration Application
to the Loudoun County Voter Registration office. The application has a number of spaces for your information and there are several other general questions.
If this is the first time you are registering in Virginia, identification showing your identity and residence must be provided. Acceptable forms of identification are listed in the note below.
You can submit your application by mail, or in person, Please see the note below for Virginia state requirements for voter registration by mail. Please note that you must sign and date this application. Mail your completed application to:
Loudoun County Voter Registration
750 Miller Dr., S.E., Suite C
Leesburg, VA 20175
Places in Loudoun County where Virginia Voter Registration Applications are available are:
Virginia Law When Registering by Mail
- Voter Registration offices
- All Virginia DMV locations
- Loudoun County Public Libraries
- Loudoun County Commissioner of Revenue’s Office
- Loudoun County Treasurer’s Office
- Senior Centers and Community Centers in Loudoun County
Please Note: Virginia law requires that those who register by mail, rather than in person, must vote in person the first time they vote. Exempt from this requirement are military service members and dependents, overseas citizens, full-time students voting absentee because they are outside the county, and disabled persons.
Under a federal law, if the registration application is submitted by mail, and you have never registered to vote in Virginia before, you must send with this application either:
- A copy of your current and valid photo identification
- A copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, or other government document that shows your name and address