Mission & Values
Successful youth, Strong families, Safe communities.
- All youth and their families are worthy of our best efforts.
- Offer early and effective interventions to limit youth’s further involvement in the juvenile justice system.
- Meeting the individual physical, emotional, and educational needs of youth and reducing their risk of re-offending.
- Provide safe and secure confinement for those who are a danger to the community as well as treatment to help youth succeed.
- Working in partnership with other agencies and localities.
- Recruiting, supporting, and maintaining a competent and diverse work force.
The Loudoun County Juvenile Court Service Unit (20-L JCSU) is one of 32 state Court Service Units under the State Department of Juvenile Justice (DJJ). This Court Service Unit is designed to operate under the policies and procedures of DJJ and its mission statement, agency vision and guiding principles.
The Mission of the Department of Juvenile Justice
To protect the public through a balanced approach of accountability and comprehensive services that prevent and reduce delinquency through partnerships with families, schools, communities, law enforcement, and others, while providing opportunities for delinquent youth to become responsible and productive citizens.