Go To Search
Click to Home
Site Tools
Hamilton Station 5 & 17
History Company 5
The Hamilton Volunteer Fire Department (HVFD) held its first organized meeting in July of 1944, a year later purchased the their first fire truck and in January 1946, moved into a brand new firehouse in the Town of Hamilton.  In 2000, HVFD and the Hamilton Volunteer Rescue Squad purchased ten acres of land to build the Hamilton Public Safety Center which would house both companies.  HVFD's emergency apparatus includes two engines, a tanker, brush truck and advanced life support (ALS) chase unit.  

History Company 17
Establishing its roots in 1952 as Loudoun County’s first rescue squad, the members of the Hamilton community were volunteering their time and skills long before Station 17 was renamed in 1979. The Hamilton Volunteer Rescue Squad continues to serve the town of Hamilton and its surrounding areas.   

The Hamilton Public Safety Center is staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week with career personnel from Loudoun County Fire and Rescue alongside volunteers from both the Hamilton Volunteer Fire Department and Hamilton Volunteer Rescue Squad.

FS5-17 final website_thumb.jpgContact Information
Hamilton Fire, Company 5
P. O. Box 44
39077 E. Colonial Hwy.
Hamilton, VA 20158 
Ph: 540-338-6001
Hamilton Fire Website

Contact Information
Hamilton Rescue, Company 17 
P.O. Box 111 
39077 E. Colonial Hwy 
Hamilton, VA 20158 
Ph: 540-338-3111 
Hamilton Rescue Website 

Loudoun On
Site Tools