Ashburn Station 6 & 22
The Ashburn Volunteer Fire Department was started in 1947 after the tragic deaths of three children in a house fire. It was officially established in 1948, and its first piece of equipment was a 1927 American LaFrance pumper. The station was built in 1950, with expansions in 1963 and 1993. In 1991, Ashburn Volunteer Fire Department expanded its services and added its first ambulance. In 1996, it officially became the Ashburn Volunteer Fire and Rescue Department (AVFRD). In 2009, AVFRD expanded it's services to include Company 22, operating out of the Lansdowne Public Safety Center.
At fire station's 6 and 22, career personnel staff an engine and truck daily, from 6:00am to 6:00pm with volunteer staffing from 6:00pm to 6:00am. Fire station 6 also houses an advanced life support ambulance that's staffed twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.
Ashburn Fire and Rescue, Company 6
20688 Ashburn Rd.
Ashburn, VA 20147 Ph: 703-729-0006