The Philomont Volunteer Fire Department was organized in 1955 and was equipped with a used pumper and tanker provided by other fire stations.
In 1956, PVFD got its first new pumper, and in 1968 it bought a 1,500 gallon tanker. In 1975 and 1994, two expansions we added to the station, adding a meeting hall and providing a total of seven bays to house the apparatus.
Station 8 houses a fire engine, tanker, brush truck, advanced life support chase buggy and mobile air unit that are staffed twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week by career personnel from Loudoun County Fire and Rescue alongside volunteer members.
Pictured: Philomont Station 8
Philomont Fire and Rescue, Company 8
36560 Jeb Stuart Rd.
Philomont, VA 20131
Philomont Volunteer Fire Department Website