The Arcola Pleasant Valley Volunteer Fire Department was formed in 1957. A station was built and its first piece of fire equipment, a 1,250 gal. Tanker truck, was purchased through the Civil Defense for $75. In the 1960s, the first ambulance was put in service and the Ladies Auxiliary was formed. During Hurricane Agnes in the 1970s, 200 people were sheltered and fed at Station 9. The 1980s and '90s saw an addition built onto the station and a recruitment program was started to help prepare for future growth.
In 2013, Company 9 moved from it's location on Gum Springs Road to the newly built Brambleton Public Safety Center. The 27,000 square foot safety center houses an engine, tanker, advanced life support ambulance and serves as the headquarters for the Loudoun County Fire Marshal's Office. Staffing for these units is provided by career personnel alongside the Arcola Volunteer Fire Department.
Pictured: Brambleton Public Safety Center
Arcola Volunteer Fire and Rescue, Company 9
23675 Belmont Ridge Road
Brambleton, VA 20148
Arcola Fire Department Website