The Capital Planning, Budget and Design Division provides project and contract management of external architectural, civil, mechanical and electrical engineering firms during the design phase of capital facility development. The division performs the following tasks:
- Oversees contract management for design and engineering firms.
- Reviews design documents, provides quality assurance reviews and technical assistance throughout the design and construction phases of county facility development.
- Identifies the scope of work to be designed, and incorporates functional and operational requirements within project budget, schedule, and overall scope.
- Manages building design and construction document preparation.
- Evaluates life cycle costs for building components and systems.
- Ensures that capital projects incorporate the Board of Supervisors’ adopted policy guidelines for energy efficiency and LEED requirements.
- Performs building commissioning, ensuring that the user’s operational needs are met, building systems perform efficiently, and building operators are properly trained before the facility is opened to the public.