Agricultural and Forestal Districts
This webpage provides a basic explanation of, and general information in regard to, the Loudoun County Agricultural and Forestal District Program. The information provided by this webpage is not intended to serve as, nor provide, legal advice, in regard to the Loudoun County Agricultural and Forestal District Program.
The purposes of the Loudoun County Agricultural and Forestal District (AFD) Program are described by both Chapter 1226, Agricultural and Forestal Districts, of the Codified Ordinances of Loudoun County
, and Virginia Code Section 15.2-4300
The AFD Program Supports:
- Conserving, protecting and encouraging the development and improvement of agricultural and forestal lands
- Valuing natural and ecological resources
- Protecting and enhancing agricultural and forestall land as an economic and environmental resource
Since the establishment of the Loudoun County Agricultural and Forestal District Program in 1979, over 43,000 acres have been enrolled within 23 Agricultural and Forestal Districts (AFDs) located throughout the county
The individual ordinances for the county's AFDs:
Recently adopted amendments to the individual ordinances for the County's AFDs:
- Click here for frequently asked questions about the AFD Program.
- Click here to download a brochure regarding the AFD Program.
For More Information
For more information about the Loudoun County Agricultural and Forestal District Program, please contact the Department of Planning and Zoning, at 703-777-0246 or by email.