Agricultural and Forestal Districts
The Loudoun County Agricultural and Forestal District (AFD) Program:
- Conserves, protects and encourages the development and improvement of agricultural and forestal lands
- Values natural and ecological resources
- Protects and enhances agricultural and forestal land as an economic and environmental resource
- Lower taxes
- Protect productive farm, forest and other open space lands
Creating A New Agricultural District
- Eligibility for Enrollment in a Agricultural and Forestal District
Renewing Agricultural District
Withdrawing From Ag District
Agricultural and Forestal District Ordinances
Since the establishment of the Loudoun County Agricultural and Forestal District Program in 1979, over 43,000 acres have been enrolled within 23 Agricultural and Forestal Districts (AFDs) located throughout the county.
The information provided by this webpage is not intended to serve as, nor provide, legal advice, in regard to the Loudoun County Agricultural and Forestal District Program.
For more information, contact the Department of Planning and Zoning, at 703-777-0246 or by email.