Go To Search
Click to Home
Site Tools
UOCAVA/UMOVA Election Notice

Official Election Notice                                                              County of Loudoun
2016 General and Special Election                                         Election Date: November 8, 2016

This is an official notice of general and special elections to be conducted in Loudoun County on November 8, 2016. If you are an absent military or overseas citizen eligible to vote in state and local elections, you may register to vote and request a regular absentee ballot for upcoming elections by using the federal postcard application (FPCA), available at www.fvap.gov. You can electronically apply for ballots by submitting your FPCA by fax to 703-777-0622 or scanned attachment by email. Detailed instructions are provided in the Virginia Voting Assistance Guide, available at http://www.fvap.gov/vao/vag/ch?apter2/virginia

If you have a Virginia DMV-issued driver license or identification card, you can also register to vote or renew your voter registration online using the Department of Elections voter registration portal: https://www.vote.virginia.gov/ Please note if you use the portal you must also submit separately a new FPCA to receive ballots for future elections through the end of the next calendar year; you can also submit a Virginia absentee ballot application for a specific election once scheduled. 

If you do not receive your state ballot in time, you may vote using a Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot (FWAB), available at www.fvap.gov. This notice enables you to identify all of the federal, state, local offices and, if applicable, ballot measures this county expects, as of this date, to be on the ballot. (See the Department of Elections website, Ballot Information, available at: http://www.elections.virginia.gov.

Virginia law requires an Election Notice for UOCAVA voters not later than 100 days before a regularly scheduled election that permits absentee voting, and as soon as practicable in the case of a Special Election held at a time other than a regularly scheduled Special Election. As soon as ballot styles are approved, the Department of Elections will update its website with the certified candidates for each office and ballot measures that will be on the ballot. For most elections, ballots will be sent at least 46 days before the election to voters that have requested them; ballots for special elections scheduled after the deadline not involving a federal office will be sent as soon as possible. You may request an updated Election Notice be sent to you. 

Using a Federal Write-in Absentee Ballot: 
This notice may be used to vote a federal write-in absentee ballot (FWAB).
Before using a FWAB, you must first request a regular absentee ballot by using the federal postcard application (FPCA), available at www.fvap.gov. You can electronically apply for ballots by submitting your FPCA by fax to 703-777-0622, or scanned email attachment to Detailed instructions are provided in the Virginia Voting Assistance Guide, available at http://www.fvap.gov/vao/vag/ch?apter2/virginia.

Covered military and overseas voters who have not timely received a regular absentee ballot may use the FWAB to register to vote, request an absentee ballot, and vote an official military- overseas ballot. 

Your signed and completed FWAB must be received no later than the close of polls on Election Day. If received later than this day and time, your FWAB ballot normally will not be counted. Federal write-in absentee ballots are available at WWW.FVAP.GOV. A FWAB ballot or a regular ballot can only be returned by mail addressed to the voting official for your city or county of voting residence. Virginia does not allow return of any voted ballot electronically, by email or fax. 

Marking a Federal Write-in Absentee Ballot:
When marking a FWAB, for each office for which you wish to vote, write in either a candidate's name or political party designation. For ballot measures or referenda, write either "YES" (you are for the ballot measure or referendum) or "NO" (you are against the ballot measure or referendum). If you indicated you wish to participate in a party primary, you may only vote for the candidates of the party you indicated. Please contact your local election official to confirm your absentee or voter registration status. You may also visit the Department of Elections website to check your Voter Registration and Absentee Voting status from the home page: www.elections.virginia.gov.

Please check the website for the Department of Elections: www.elections.virginia.gov for additional information on military-overseas absentee voting. 

SBE-465  7.2014

Loudoun On
Site Tools