Loudoun County Conservation Easement Stewardship Program
There are over 72,000 acres of land protected by conservation easements in Loudoun County as displayed in the interactive map below. A conservation easement restricts the use or development of real property for any of the following purposes:
- Retaining or protecting natural or open-space values of the property;
- Assuring its availability for agricultural, forestal, recreational, or open-space use;
- Protecting natural resources;
- Maintaining or enhancing air or water quality; or
- Preserving the historical, architectural or archeological aspects of the property
The Loudoun County Conservation Easement Stewardship Program has been established to work with owners of property with conservation easements to ensure that the terms of the easements continue to be met.
More information and answers to frequently asked questions about the program are online here
Please feel free to contact the Loudoun County Office of Mapping and Geographic Information at 703-771-5778 if you have any questions.
Interactive Map: Conservation Easements